Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Spray is a pigment and dye ink fusion that creates oxidised effects when sprayed with water. This allows for quick and easy ink coverage on porous surfaces. Simply spray through stencils, layer colours, spritz with water and watch the colour mix and blend. Available in all your favourite distress oxide colours each in 2 fluid ounces spray bottles.
Key Points of Distress Oxide Inks
- Fusion between dye (translucent) & pigments (opaque)
- Have some opaque property and some vibrant translucent property
- Water-reactive & Oxides - hazy chalky finish over the top. Dye ink still move but you get the intense colour from the pigment
- Different results depending on the surfaces you use (Absorbent vs Non-Absorbent will result in beading or absorbing or resisting.
- You can build opacity by layering up the inks.
- Shake the bottle side to side to avoid clogging the spray head.