WOW! Embossing Powders Product Code Explained
Wow! Embossing Powder Jars aren't just labelled with their property on the outside, but also have a product code which show how they are categorized. Each wow embossing powder jar has an accompanying letter that tells you about what type of effect it has (T for Translucent, O for Opaque) and this will give you some idea as to whether or not it's suitable for your project needs.
- WA = Clear Powders (e.g. Clear Gloss, Melt-It Powder) - available in two different finishes: Gloss and Matt Dull. The transparent powder allows the colour underneath to show through.
- WC = Metallics (e.g. Metallic Gold Rich Pale, Metallic Silver) - totally opaque and the shade will not change with the base colour underneath them.
- WE = Pearls (e.g. White Pearl) - translucent and when embossed they are affected by the colour underneath. Create a smooth pearlescent shimmer when reflected in the light. The strength of the shimmer can be adjusted by varying the base colour.
- WG = Metalline are very strongly pigmented opaque lustre powders. The finished result is a beautiful deep colour that will not change with the colour underneath.
- WH = Primary Powders (e.g. Primary In the Navy, Primary Apple Red) are a range of basic colours designed to give the crafter a good starting point in embossing. These powders are translucent, smooth flowing and very glossy.
- WK = Opaque Primary Powders - are very strongly pigmented opaque lustre powders. The finished result is a beautiful deep colour that will not change with the colour underneath
- WJ = Earth Tones are a range of subtle rustic colours. Completely opaque they give a homely and natural feel to your embossing. Perfect for when a less glitzy finish is required.
- WL = Colour Blends (e.g. Opaque Vanilla White, Opaque Bright White)
- WM = Pastels (e.g. Pastel Pink) are delightful soft-hued colours with a high gloss finish. Perfect when a subtle colour is required. These powders are opaque of their colours will always emboss unchanged. When used for moulding they produce milky effects.
- WN = Special Effect (e.g. Glow in the dark)
- WP = Puff Powders (e.g. White Puff) Two colours of a completely different type of opaque powder, which will raise to a lovely textured finish regardless of the background colour.
- WR = Fluorescent Powders are a bright, loud and vibrant range of embossed finishes. These powders are opaque so their colours will always emboss unchanged. When used for moulding they produce milky effects.
- WU = Glintz (e.g. Inca Glintz, Rose Glintz) - ultimate shimmer.
- WW = Mixed Media
- WS = Embossing Glitters - These are Embossing Powders with Glitters! (e.g. Totally Teal, Cranberry Sparkle)
- SPRK or ESPRK = Glitter only! (e.g. Eco Sparkles)